WHAT TO EXPECT
- Moving around; getting comfortable and confident on the ice
- Introduction to curling delivery and opportunity to practice
- Introduction to sweeping and opportunity to practice
- Full length curling delivery; how far can you send the stone?
WHAT TO WEAR
All equipment is supplied including brushes and sliders. All you need is warm, loose fitting clothing and clean, flat, rubber soled shoes (trainers are ideal) to change into for curling. Delivery sticks allow stones to be delivered from a standing position or wheelchair and are available for those with mobility issues.
Have a look at the Try Curling safety video prior to attending your session - see https://youtu.be/
Junior (8 - 17 years) try curling at The PEAK
Learn all the skills and techniques to curl with confidence on the ice. A fun, easy going coaching session to introduce you to curling.
- A recap of junior try curling
- Coaching from RCCC qualified coaches
- Progress your curling delivery from the try curling session
- Learn how to throw the curling stone
- Some rules, etiquette and scoring of the game
- Learn basic tactics
- Fun coaching drills
- Play curling games
Junior BEGINNERS CLASSES
Beginner Classes give you the confidence and skills to play curling if you’ve never curled before or have previously enjoyed a Try Curling session. Classes last approximately 2 hours and are available in a range of options including weekend sessions or four week blocks.
ON THE BUTTON – 1.5 hours per week
For those who have completed Active Stirling’s junior beginners class you can join us at our on the button junior club. There is no limit for how long you stay in on the button but it’s a great stepping stone before our Stirling Young Curlers club pathway.
Every Thursday 4.00pm-5.30pm School Term only
STIRLING YOUNG CURLERS
JUNIOR CLUBS FOR 8–21 YEARS OLD
Stirling Young Curlers is a thriving junior club that curl every Saturday
from 8.30am – 12.15pm in our NEW National Curling Academy. Our coaches and volunteers are all RCCC qualified. Lots of our junior members venture out and play on the U14, U17 and U21 Grand Slam circuits around Scotland.