STIRLING CURLING GROUP
Competition Rules from April 2017
- A) Registration
- A team will consist of four players, regardless of gender or age.
- A team consisting totally of Young curlers can enter BUT the name of a Nominated Adult, who has agreed to be responsible for the team, must be declared on the Entry Form. A discounted ice fee may be available for a team consisting totally of Young Curlers (including substitutes).
3) A skip can play nominated players (see entry form) in any order, subject to rules C1 and C3
4) A team that played the previous season will be placed in the league they finished in or were promoted or relegated to; see section B3.
5) To be regarded as a team that played the previous season the team will have to have a minimum of two nominated team players from the previous year's team, otherwise it will be regarded as a new entry to the Peak leagues and placed in the lowest league.
6) For any team to be eligible for entry the skip must declare four nominated team players when registering for a new season.
If for any reason a skip cannot or fails to nominate a team prior to the commencement of a season (rule A5) the organisers will assume the nominated team players will consist of the team registered the previous season or if no team had been registered, will regard the first four players from that season's scorecards not indicated as a substitute, to be the team and the rules applied accordingly. (see rule C3)
7) A new team registering to play in the Peak leagues will be placed in the lowest league.
- B) General Rules
1) Games will be eight ends (maximum) or the bell. A minimum of six ends will be completed.
2) Two Points for a win, one for a draw, then ends up, shots up, shots for to count.
(In the unlikely event of the league still being tied after taking account of all of the foregoing, the result of the game/s involving the tied teams only will be used to establish final league positions). If there is still a tie the league will be declared a draw.
- The top two teams in leagues 2 and 3 will move up a league the following season. The bottom two teams of leagues 1 and 2 will move down a league the following season. (SCG reserve the right to promote/demote more than 2 teams per division where necessary to balance the Divisions.
4) A player will only play for one team in a Division. For a breach of this rule a penalty will be applied:
Penalty: If a player plays for a second team in a Division, the offending team will be deducted one point and two ends from their league total.
N.B. The player has a responsibility to inform his/her skip if they have played for another team in any of the three leagues during the current season and what position they played.
5) A nominated player can only play above 2nd position for one team in only one of the three divisions.
6) If a team has less than three players at the time of commencement of the game it shall forfeit the game and a score of minus 6 shots and minus 4 ends shall be recorded for it and a score of 2 points, plus 6 shots and plus 4 ends in favour of their competitors.
7) In the event of a team failing to appear for a scheduled game, that team will be responsible for all the ice fees for that game. The non-offending team will be awarded the game and receive two points and four ends. The offending team will be deducted one point and one end from their overall league score.
8) In the event of both teams failing to appear for a scheduled game, they will each be responsible for paying their respective ice fees. In such circumstances the game will be declared null and void and no points, ends or shots will be awarded to either team and in addition the offending teams will be deducted one point and one end from their overall league total.
9) Rules not covered in this document will be played as the RCCC Rule Book, including free guard zone.
- C) Substitutes
1) To assist skips to be able to field full teams there will be no overall limit to the number of substitutes that a Team can use throughout the season. This is a generous allowance however it is subject to the following restrictions:
- In each game there must be at least two of the nominated players playing for the team.
- The first substitute must play at Lead
- If a second substitute is needed they shall play at Second
- A substitute may only play for 1 team in a Division
Penalty: If Rule C1 is breached the offending team will have one point and two ends deducted from their overall league total for each and every breach.
2) Substitutes MUST be marked on the scorecard by placing an ‘S’ next to their name. In the event that substitutes are not marked then the organisers will assume the first four players (calculated from the first game of the season) not marked as substitutes are the original team and any other player throughout the season is a substitute, whether marked as a substitute or not.
3) A nominated player in one Division can play as a substitute in another Division subject to rules B5 and C1.
Penalty: A team will be deducted one point and two ends from their league total for each violation of this rule.